Learn how the Asian market is having a huge impact on the US music industry and changing it forever. Why it’s smart to get educated and become part of it now as a songwriter. Taught by top K-Pop songwriter expert, Cameron Neilson who has over 100 million cross streams in the Asian market, learning his craft while working at label and publisher ‘Joombas’ as in-house top-liner and vocal producer. Two number-one songs for Girlband ‘ITZY’ and boyband ‘Super Junior’ and many more has made Cameron one of the sought after top-liners in LA for the K-Pop genre.
Course will be split up between theory and practical. End of course aim to have one to two fully written tracks ready to record, co-written with your small group and teacher, who has a proven track record in the industry that will get it closer to the cut.
1. Introductions: What is K-Pop? The biggest bands in K-Pop list.
Watch and study the markets in Asia , (K-Pop, J-Pop, China). The similarities and differences.
2. Songwriting economics: Societies, international royalties, split sheets, how sessions work in K-Pop.
3. Breakdown of three K-Pop songs. The elements, production and the all-important vocal production.
4. Song critique to students of any existing songs and discuss changes in the group.
5. Breakdown of groups: Play through selection of tracks, choose tracks for each group, explain how the next part of the course will work and the aim of what we are doing. Students to leave with two finished songs (Male and Female version for each track) with a detailed plan on recording.
6: Songwriting sessions: write four songs and have two finished.
Enter your schedule preferences by clicking below and we will match you up with the perfect class!
To be in the loop when we release more dates, sign up to our newsletter towards the top right of this page. We don’t send many, you can easily unsubscribe, and we never share our data with anyone, ever.
We will not share your information