Advanced Mixing & Mastering Practical Music Producer Course
Have one or more of your tracks mixed by a highly respected and experienced pro sound engineer in groups of no more than six. Each day a track is mixed, with one learner in the producer seat and everyone else present and able to contribute and ask questions as the record is being mixed down in our acoustically treated mixing facility. This practical music producer course is for experienced learners who have taken one of our flagship Mixing & Mastering courses, or music producers who have a good handle on the principles and theory of mixing.
Most mixers learned their art from their peers and mentors in recording studios over many years. As those opportunities have become greatly reduced, how do today’s music producers learn the art and develop their skills? This course brings together the many individual components, skills and concepts in a practical way. We look into all of the stages, from balancing to completion and delivery of the final version. We focus on concepts such as creating emotion, visualizing and defining the sound. By understanding the essential concepts of music production, the arrangement of both musical notes and the ‘sonic field’, you’ll learn how to make your project both unique and compelling.
Adam Moseley and Darryl Swann are the two engineers on this course, and have over sixty years of studio experience between them, mixing live, orchestral, and most sub-genres of electronic music at the very highest level, so it will not matter what you throw at them, they’ve heard it all before, and made it sound great! See them on our superior roster of instructors.
- Goals, musical styles, musical origins.
- The key elements: Arrangement of musical notes and the sonic field
- How are different emotions created and presented in music
- Listen to, analyze and discuss examples of sonic arrangement
- Identifying, defining, then delivering the concept and vision
- Defining, creating and capturing the ‘sound’
- Allowing time for the ‘magic’
- Dos and Don’ts: common mistakes
- Exploring how to fully maximize the ‘sonic field’ and capture sound
- Creating emotion through dimension, depth, width, space, movement
- How to take a visual concept and create it in sound
- How to create space and dynamics in your production
- How to create ‘old skool’ tricks in new technology
If you have any questions, feel free to send us a message or call (424) 653 6481. To go ahead and book, you can use the ‘BOOK NOW’ buttons, and we’ll look forward to seeing you soon!
Today’s Advanced Mixing & Mastering Practical Prices
Schedules in red are $999; schedules in black are $1199. Prices start black, then go to red, then back to black before they are fully booked, so if you see a schedule you like, grab it now! There’s also 10% off for each additional course you book in the future.
Saturdays | 11 – 6 | Adam
September 23, 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28
Weekday | 11 – 6 | Darryl
October 19, 20, 26, 27, November 2, 3
Saturdays | 11 – 6 | Adam
November 12, 19, 26, December 3, 10, 17
Fall Boot Camp | 11 – 6 | Darryl
November 27, 28, 29, 30, December 1, 2
To be in the loop when we release more dates, sign up to our newsletter towards the top right of this page. We don’t send many, you can easily unsubscribe, and we never share our data with anyone, ever.